Flood Insurance in Yuba City, CA, Colusa, CA and surrounding communities

No home is immune to flooding, and some homes sit in areas that make them particularly at risk of experiencing these potentially devastating challenges. What many homeowners don’t realize, however, is that home insurance alone won’t cover flood damage. That benefit is only available within a specific flood insurance policy.

Flood insurance is a highly regulated and sometimes complicated insurance marketplace, and here at G Stan Kearby Insurance Agency, Inc. we believe that you shouldn’t have to go on your hunt for the perfect policy on your own. We’ll guide you through the process of getting approved, quality flood insurance without a hassle, and we will be by your side to provide expert policy services at all times.

We proudly insure residents in Yuba City CA, Colusa CA, and the surrounding areas , and all you have to do is call us to get your flood insurance policy now!

Common Flood Insurance Questions 

What is flood insurance?

Just an inch of water in your home could cause thousands of dollars of property damage and lost possessions, and you will naturally want to make repairs and replace the destroyed items. However, the setback to getting this assistance is that homeowners insurance does not cover weather-related flooding, such as flash floods, storm surge, river swells and similar incidents. Coverage for such damage will be covered only by flood insurance.

What does flood insurance cover? 

Most flood insurance plans are underwritten by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Communities throughout the United States participate in the NFIP, and if you live in one of them (which you likely do) then you can buy an NFIP plan. Non-NFIP plans are also available, though they are less common. 

NFIP plans must comply with standards set by federal law. They offer two types of coverage: 

  • Structure Insurance: Coverage protects your house itself. 
  • Contents Coverage: Coverage insures the possessions inside your home. 

NFIP plans will offer coverage up to the following limits: 

  • One- To Four-family Residential Addresses: $250,000 Structure/$100,000 Contents 
  • Other Residential Buildings: $500,000 Structure/$100,000 Contents 
  • Non-Residential Businesses and Buildings: $500,000 Structure/$500,000 Contents 

There is also coverage for debris removal costs, loss avoidance and cost of compliance. 

Who Needs Flood Insurance? 

Many homeowners are required to buy flood insurance: 

  • If you live in a designated high-risk flood zone, and you have a mortgage backed by a federally insured lender, then you will have a coverage requirement.  
  • Some lenders require mortgage holders to buy flood insurance regardless of whether they live in a high-risk zone. 
  • Coverage is required if you live in a high-risk flood zone and have ever received disaster assistance through FEMA or the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). If you do not buy a policy, then you will not qualify for such assistance in the future. 

Talk to one of the dedicated agents at G Stan Kearby Insurance Agency, Inc. to determine which flood insurance options are best for you. We’re committed to working with you to ensure you receive the right benefits at the right time.